Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

want apple mail to delete gmail and vise versa

I use both apple mail and gmail. When I delete something I have head in apple mail, i also want it to delete in gmail... or if i delete in gmail, i want it to delte in apple mail... is that possible?

I like it to work in outlook too? delete in outlook and the others update?

can anyone help?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 1:14 PM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2015 5:01 PM in response to uvacavs

Gmail delete and trash are two separate actions. To truly delete you must move to the Trash. If you select to delete, then it removes the Inbox label and moves the message to All Mail folder.

Use Gmail with Mavericks Mail

http://www.needhelp4mac.com/2013/12/use-gmail-with-mavericks-mail/

(Fair disclosure: Needhelp4Mac is my site. I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.)

Apr 27, 2015 5:17 PM in response to uvacavs

Are you referring to two separate email addresses (e.g. you@icloud.com and you@gmail.com)?, or one address that you access from two applications?

If the former - two separate accounts - then no, there's nothing you can do. Each account is separate and distinct, and don't know anything about the other. Email messages, actions, etc. that you take in one are completely independent.

If the latter - one account that you access in two places - then this should automatically happen as long as you're using IMAP (which should be the default). IMAP stores your messages on the server, so any incoming mail, deletions, etc. should reflect across all devices.

want apple mail to delete gmail and vise versa

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.