Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it still possible to edit outside of Photos?

I seem to have lost the ability to click on a photo in the new Photos application and choose to edit in an application outside of Photos.

I've been using Photoshop since version 1.0, and it seems all I can do now is to drag a photo to the desktop and then open it in the outside application

(a less desirable solution).

There is no control click, option click, or place in preferences to allow this to happen.

Big loss of time if We've lost that ability!

Am I missing something?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 2:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 2:51 PM

No you're not missing anything.

You can also use the Media Browser in Photoshop.

6 replies

Apr 27, 2015 3:17 PM in response to LarryHN

Larry,

iPhoto had a feature with a down facing arrow on the picture or selecting a picture with a control click that would give the option of using an outside app to edit the image. Once the photo was edited it was saved back in the iPhoto library; easy.

I'm sure it wasn't Adobe that added the feature in iPhoto.

Apr 28, 2015 10:15 AM in response to Yeit

Yeit wrote:

Larry,

iPhoto had a feature with a down facing arrow on the picture or selecting a picture with a control click that would give the option of using an outside app to edit the image. Once the photo was edited it was saved back in the iPhoto library; easy.

I'm sure it wasn't Adobe that added the feature in iPhoto.

That is correct

And as I said Photos is different and

Photos uses extensions to add capabilities like external editing - it is up to the software vendor (like Adobe) to supply the extension - contact their support and request that they do that

I said nothing about iPhoto - I answered your question about Photos - a new and different program that iPhoto that works differently

LN

Is it still possible to edit outside of Photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.