Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I turn off email alert sound

I have a brand new iPhone 6. Out of the box it was set to make a sound when a new email arrived (I have two accounts on the phone--one Exchange and one comcast.net). I immediately went to Settings>Sounds>New Mail and selected none so I wouldn't get a sound. It worked for a couple of days, but now the sound is back. It is still marked none in the Settings>Sounds>New Mail. I also added Mail to the Not Included Notifications settings. Still chiming when new mail arrives. I also tried rebooting. How can I turn it off?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, N/A

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 3:16 PM

From settings, go to 'Notifications' from there find the app labeled 'Mail', once you tap that you will se your two accounts. From there tap ' Notification Sounds' and tap none For both your accounts. Hope that helps 🙂

3 replies

Apr 27, 2015 3:40 PM in response to micquelle

Sorry that didn't work out, you could try to turn off push for fetching new data in general. This will stop you from seeing emails untill you manually check it, there could be another fix to this that I am unaware of, but to do this if interested go to 'mail, contacts...', then to 'fetch new data', then switch push to off. Or times you don't want to hear it, such as meetings at work, you could use 'Do not disturb'.

Sorry I couldn't help completely. Hope this works for you, if not we will see what others have to say.

Why can't I turn off email alert sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.