Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad found on the side of the road. Cant access anything because it is link to someones account that is unknown to me.

Last week I found an ipad 2 on the side of the road while driving home. It has very bad screen damage seems like it bounced out of the back of a truck or out of a moving vehicle . I accessed the ipad since it did not have a password and thought restoring the ipad in dfu mode could free it of its previous account but i did not know it was linked with someones find my iphone account i cant use it. Is there and way to bypass or find a way to disable it from the previous persons account? Or is it completely useless? Or is there someway to contact previous owner without know their email. This ipad was not stolen.

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 2:38 PM

1 reply

Ipad found on the side of the road. Cant access anything because it is link to someones account that is unknown to me.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.