Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has iTunes dropped support for the Moto ROKR? What was the last compatible version?

I pulled my old Motorola ROKR E1 phone out and dusted it off.

Tried connecting it to my PC via data cable, but iTunes (latest version) does not see that it exists.

I have a freshly formated and compatible 1gb transflash card in the phone. The phone sees it. iTunes app on the phone works ok and sees the memory card and empty space. I have the USB connection set to memory card (have tried data as well).

My PC sees the storage device. I can copy files to and from it. iTunes acts like it doesn't know the phone exists. I can't find anything in the help file about the ROKR. Apple support site doesn't show me anything about the ROKR.

It seems to be a 10-year-old "red-headed stepchild" of Apple/Motorola, and they quietly removed support from iTunes sometime, but I am having a difficult time finding out when.

I don't want to screw up my iTunes library by trying to install older versions of iTunes, and don't know if I can run 2 concurrent versions without screwing anything up.

Any advice?

Motorola ROKR E1-OTHER, Other OS

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 3:33 PM

1 reply

Has iTunes dropped support for the Moto ROKR? What was the last compatible version?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.