Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an older time capsule is the newer version that much faster an is the coverage greatly improved

I have an older time capsule is the new version that much faster an is the coverage greatly increased

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 4:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 5:09 AM

The new Time Capsule will be the same speed as the older Time Capsule unless you also have a new Mac that is capable of handling the faster 802.11ac speeds that the new Time Capsule can deliver.

If you are asking about Internet connection speed, that speed is controlled by your plan with your Internet Service Provider (ISP). That speed will not improve unless you talk to your ISP about a faster connection plan.

Wireless range is about the same as the older versions. The reason for this is that WiFi signal power is limited by law, and just about every router is running at full blast.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2015 5:09 AM in response to JWInston1

The new Time Capsule will be the same speed as the older Time Capsule unless you also have a new Mac that is capable of handling the faster 802.11ac speeds that the new Time Capsule can deliver.

If you are asking about Internet connection speed, that speed is controlled by your plan with your Internet Service Provider (ISP). That speed will not improve unless you talk to your ISP about a faster connection plan.

Wireless range is about the same as the older versions. The reason for this is that WiFi signal power is limited by law, and just about every router is running at full blast.

I have an older time capsule is the newer version that much faster an is the coverage greatly improved

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.