Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini 3 cannot connect to facetime with a newer Apple ID

Help- I dont know why but i have an ipad mini 3 and im trying to use facetime and imessage with an Apple ID that i created 3 days before but it just dont work in my ipad, when is verifing the account it return to the beggining, when i use an older ID it works perfectly, i tried on a Macbook and works fine. I tried everything even restoring in DFU. please anyone help or ideas.

thanks.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 7:10 AM

Unfortunately, it's happening to quite a few of us.

There is no tried a true solution since none of us really know what caused ot or if it starts working again, why.

But here's somewhere to start.

The official answer If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

The unofficial answer:

In order to get your time zone and time to update automatically, you need to have Location Services on. In iOS 8 it's under Settings, Privacy. Go to the bottom of the page where it says System Services, select that and make sure Setting Time Zone is on.

I suspect sometimes this still doesn't get the iPad to a time close enough to work, but it's a start.

Go somewhere to use another network, like the Apple Store. Try there. That way when you call Apple and tell them it's an AppleID problem they won't try to charge you.

Check out from page 18 on imessage and Facetime sign in activation error iPad ios8.1.2 and see that we've all been trying.

If none of this helps, call AppleCare and insist on going up the tech support ladder. Second line or Senior Tech is as far as they'll send you, those guys talk to the engineers. Keep trying.

I don't know if Apple really knows what's wrong either but this way they know you have a problem.

Keep us updated!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2015 7:10 AM in response to davis1402

Unfortunately, it's happening to quite a few of us.

There is no tried a true solution since none of us really know what caused ot or if it starts working again, why.

But here's somewhere to start.

The official answer If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

The unofficial answer:

In order to get your time zone and time to update automatically, you need to have Location Services on. In iOS 8 it's under Settings, Privacy. Go to the bottom of the page where it says System Services, select that and make sure Setting Time Zone is on.

I suspect sometimes this still doesn't get the iPad to a time close enough to work, but it's a start.

Go somewhere to use another network, like the Apple Store. Try there. That way when you call Apple and tell them it's an AppleID problem they won't try to charge you.

Check out from page 18 on imessage and Facetime sign in activation error iPad ios8.1.2 and see that we've all been trying.

If none of this helps, call AppleCare and insist on going up the tech support ladder. Second line or Senior Tech is as far as they'll send you, those guys talk to the engineers. Keep trying.

I don't know if Apple really knows what's wrong either but this way they know you have a problem.

Keep us updated!

Apr 28, 2015 2:44 PM in response to 'shana

i tried everything and nothing. I see that for some people worked using a wrong id and password, then setting up with the right one. Although it didnt work in my situation. Im going to wait until it get fixed or trying something else, cause as i see is not a problem of the iPad, anyway thanks for the help and recommendation. (sorry my bad english)

🙂

iPad mini 3 cannot connect to facetime with a newer Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.