Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share via mail, Pages

Hello, May pages wont share via mail. The option is there but when I click on it it just double flashes then nothing happens. It used to have a mail page pop up with the file chosen attached. Can anyone help. In the same bar there is a export option. This works.

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 4:05 PM

7 replies

Apr 27, 2015 5:28 PM in response to Maxynz

The Pages '09 v4.3 Share > Send via Mail feature is no longer operational in Yosemite 10.10.3. You will need to export in the file format that you want to attach to your email, and then drag/drop that exported document into Apple Mail. Additionally, the installation of Photos in 10.10.3 now disables any access to pictures from the Media tool, so images will need to be drag/dropped, or inserted in Pages '09 v4.3.

Despite the above, Pages '09 v4.3 still has over 100+ features/functionality than Pages v5.5.3 on Yosemite. That means that if you open a Pages '09 document in Pages v5, what is not supported will either be mangled, or removed from the original document. And, the Pages v5 documents are not directly backwards compatible to Pages '09.

Not much of a bargain updating to Pages v5, which is not even based on Pages '09 v4.3.

Apr 28, 2015 9:13 PM in response to Maxynz

Pages 09 will attach as a PDF to a mail doc.
Choose Print and then in the PDF pull down menu in the print dialogue choose "Mail PDF"

As far as the media browser. The new version of iPhoto does not delete the old iPhoto, at least it didn't when I updated. I opened the old iPhoto and the media browser went back to working as expected. I have deleted the new Photos update.

Kurt

Share via mail, Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.