Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i get Aperture 3.6? I updated to Yosemite but now Aperture won't work and it's not in the app store any longer!

I updated to to yosemite and now need Aperture 3.6, but it's not available to upgrade from the app store. Anyone know how i can get it? I'm a professional photographer and need to migrate metadata but I can't get into the app to prepare for it. Help?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 7:32 PM

3 replies

Apr 27, 2015 7:53 PM in response to Kappy

Thanks. i found the solution at the same time you were replying. Here's my writeup in case it helps anyone else.

Once upgrading to Yosemite, just delete (move to trash) the Aperture.app from the apps folder using finder. Then go into the app store, view your purchases, find Aperture and there should be an install button. Click install and it installs version 3.6. It opened fine for me after this.

how can i get Aperture 3.6? I updated to Yosemite but now Aperture won't work and it's not in the app store any longer!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.