Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have over 19,000 pics on my Mac. Only 4,000 are showing up in the cloud. How do I get all of my pics on the cloud? I have purchased the storage

I have merged my iPhoto and Photo app. I have over 19,000 pics on my Mac but only 4,000 are showing up in the cloud. I added some pictures yesterday to my Mac that I had taken, but they do not show up on any of my other devices. What is wrong?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 4:39 PM

5 replies

Apr 27, 2015 6:55 PM in response to Jackgram

Jack

I see that your Question has languished for some period of time without response. You have posted your issue in Using Apple Support Communities whose topic is 'How to use this forum software's interface, features and/or how to find what you wish'. It is a relatively low traffic and inappropriate forum for your problem. I will ask our Hosts to move it to " Photos for Mac " where it may get a more rapid response from your fellow users.

ÇÇÇ

Apr 29, 2015 9:33 AM in response to Jackgram

Jackgram wrote:

I have merged my iPhoto and Photo app. I have over 19,000 pics on my Mac but only 4,000 are showing up in the cloud.

Were you perhaps using a mix of "managed" photos (copied into your iPhoto library) and "referenced" photos (kept only external to your library)? Only "managed" are eligible to be in iClout Photo Library.

I added some pictures yesterday to my Mac that I had taken, but they do not show up on any of my other devices. What is wrong?

Did you add them to your iPhoto library (using iPhoto) or your Photos library (using the new Photos application)? If with the Photos app, did you have the "Copy items to the Photos library" option checked in Photos > Preferences > General?

Apr 29, 2015 4:21 PM in response to markwmsn

I have now learned by going to the Genius Bar, that I am uploading slowly. The numbers are going down and showing up on my other devices. However, this Cloud process is slow slow slow....I'm down to 14,999 now. I've even plugged in my Ethernet cable all night and hardly any were uploaded. At this rate, it will be done by next year.

I have over 19,000 pics on my Mac. Only 4,000 are showing up in the cloud. How do I get all of my pics on the cloud? I have purchased the storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.