Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I increase the total number of rows?

This seems like a dumb question, but I can only seem to be able to add one new row at the bottom of my spreadsheet at a time using the '=' in a circle button that appears below the last row of the spreadsheet.

I want to add hundreds of rows, and I can only seem to add one at a time which seems ridiculous and a huge waste of time. There has to be a way to add a huge block of empty rows to the spreadsheet right? Can you really only add one new blank row at a time?

OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 4:50 PM

2 replies

Apr 28, 2015 6:29 AM in response to lsrod

you can select rows, then use the key combination <option> + <down arrow> to add the same number of rows you selected for each key press.

If you select five rows then each time you type the key combination Numbers will add five rows.

If I want to add many rows I select all rows, then type the key combination, then I select all rows, and type the key combination again, repeat as needed

how do I increase the total number of rows?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.