Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All Notes Suddenly Disappeared

Using iPhone 5s and at some point today all of my notes in the notes app have gone. I see other posts about this that claim a problem syncing with the mail app or yahoo mail, but I don't sync notes with those apps. At least not intentionally and not before now. Have had this phone for a year (and a 4 before that with the same rough settings) and have never had a problem losing notes before. Is there somewhere they might have gone to? The idea of something just disappearing seems very strange to me.

Secondly I don't use the iCloud for backups, preferring to use iTunes. After my notes disappeared I plugged my phone into my laptop expecting to be able to restore to an old backup. iTunes auto-backedup my now notes-less phone, so I attempted restoring to an old backup, only to find that the only old backups I have are years old, almost certainly from old phones. There must be a way of restoring my phone to a previous backup? Or is it the annoying case that all backups immediately write over the existing files?

I'd appreciate any help, this is incredibly frustrating...

Thanks,

Mike

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 4:47 PM

There are no replies.

All Notes Suddenly Disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.