Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X Share to YouTube Copy

Hi everyone. When I export my video straight to YouTube through Final Cut Pro X using the Share > YouTube option, how do I get it to also make a copy on my macbook? I expected it to do it automatically, but... nothing! Please help 🙂

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 4:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 8:40 AM

It is stored inside the library itself, but it will be deleted when you quit FCP X.

You can retrieve using the Finder, but it is a little cumbersome.

Select the library, control-click, Show Package Contents; open the folder with the name of the event containing the project, then Shared Items inside it.

There will be one or more folders with names that look like gibberish. The most recent one is what you are looking for.

CAUTION: be careful not to mess with the structure of the library, as it can make it unusable. Only do this if you know what you are doing. It is after all not so much trouble to do a second export to file, or even better to create a "destination" that exports to master file AND youtube in one fell swoop.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2015 8:40 AM in response to NikkieTutorials

It is stored inside the library itself, but it will be deleted when you quit FCP X.

You can retrieve using the Finder, but it is a little cumbersome.

Select the library, control-click, Show Package Contents; open the folder with the name of the event containing the project, then Shared Items inside it.

There will be one or more folders with names that look like gibberish. The most recent one is what you are looking for.

CAUTION: be careful not to mess with the structure of the library, as it can make it unusable. Only do this if you know what you are doing. It is after all not so much trouble to do a second export to file, or even better to create a "destination" that exports to master file AND youtube in one fell swoop.

Apr 28, 2015 9:24 AM in response to NikkieTutorials

NikkieTutorials wrote:

Thanks so much, Luis! Could you maybe direct me to a tutorial that teaches me how to create a destination that exports to master file + YouTube in one go? 🙂

But of course :-)

Let the guys from Ripple Training (Steve Martin and Mark Spencer) explain it in one their great MacBreak Studio weekly episodes:

MacBreak Studio: Episode 194 - Destinations and Bundles ...

Final Cut Pro X Share to YouTube Copy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.