Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS APPS - how to manage them...

Hi All,

Currently I have a MacBook and 2 iOS devices – iPhone and iPad

What I have been doing is to download apps in iTunes and purchase them in iTunes and then they automatically update to the iOS devices

Q: is this the best way to do it?

Q: I don't know if I need to store the " master copies" of iOS apps in MacBook iTunes – do I?

- It can be a lot of wasted space?

Q: What is the best way to manage iOS apps with these devices?

ALSO...

Q: Let's say that I had some apps that I did not really want anymore but would like to be able to re - download in the future if I changed my mind – can I safely delete these from all three devices with the ability to re - download in the future if needed?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), null

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 5:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 12:53 PM

I'm not sure there is a best way. That is the way I do it, because I prefer using the computer version of iTunes rather than the IOS app.

Q: I don't know if I need to store the " master copies" of iOS apps in MacBook iTunes – do I?

It does provide a backup and since they won't be there to sync, they may get deleted off the IOS device.

I don't understand what you are asking.

Q: Let's say that I had some apps that I did not really want anymore but would like to be able to re - download in the future if I changed my mind – can I safely delete these from all three devices with the ability to re - download in the future if needed?

You should be able to unless they are removed from the iTunes Store, which a couple of the ones I downloaded got removed.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2015 12:53 PM in response to revDAVE

I'm not sure there is a best way. That is the way I do it, because I prefer using the computer version of iTunes rather than the IOS app.

It does provide a backup and since they won't be there to sync, they may get deleted off the IOS device.

I don't understand what you are asking.

You should be able to unless they are removed from the iTunes Store, which a couple of the ones I downloaded got removed.

IOS APPS - how to manage them...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.