Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where to get compressor for 10.9.4

I could really use Compressor for use on my MBP that is running 10.9.4

When I go to purchase from the app store it says it is only compatible with yosemite. And it will not download.

Can't I purchase compressor v 4.01 ?

And if I can, where do I purchase it?

Thanks,

theo

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 6:03 PM

3 replies

Apr 27, 2015 6:11 PM in response to leilatheo

Just to say that for unofficial ways to get Apple software. you're probably best off going to a non Apple forum and asking.

I'm sure you have very good reasons not to update, but one easy way to try Compressor 4.2( (which is superior to all earlier versions) is to partition your HD and install the latest OS on it, Use it as an alternate boot drive and install Final cut on it.

Russ

Apr 28, 2015 6:52 AM in response to leilatheo

You definitely don't need FCP to get Compressor.

But you do need Yosemite. Apple does make available updates to earlier versions of applications for people running 10.7 and higher, but AFAIK it's only for those who have previously purchased the application. Here is the support doc if you're interested in testing whether it will work for a new purchase.

Alternatively, if you don't want to update 10 10, there are a couple of dual boot methods to consider: 1) You may be able to partition your existing drive and install 10.10 on that volume. 2) Connect an external drive and install 10.10 on that/ In either case, you would download Compressor and boot from the new volume when you wanted to run the application.

Russ

Where to get compressor for 10.9.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.