Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I did not know I would lose iPhoto when I updated my software

I loved the new version of iPhoto, but now I cannot access it anymore because I apparently migrated my photos to "Photos".
I cannot open iPhoto on my 3 month old computer. The pop up reads: "The version of iPhoto installed on this Mac is not compatible with OS X Yosemite. Download the latest version for free from the Mac App Store." But, there is no latest version in the App Store, as the next pop up reads: "The item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store."

How can I get my iPhoto application up and running again?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OX Yosemite 10.10.3

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 8:00 PM

Look in the purchases and updates in the App Store - you need to install iphoto 9.6.1 - if it is not there drag the iphoto application to the trash (do not empty the thrash) and try the App store again - once you install iPhoto 9.6.1 you will be able to run both iphoto and Photos - note that there is no connections between them and import and change made in one are NOT reflected in the other

LN

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2015 8:00 PM in response to sfjem

Look in the purchases and updates in the App Store - you need to install iphoto 9.6.1 - if it is not there drag the iphoto application to the trash (do not empty the thrash) and try the App store again - once you install iPhoto 9.6.1 you will be able to run both iphoto and Photos - note that there is no connections between them and import and change made in one are NOT reflected in the other

LN

I did not know I would lose iPhoto when I updated my software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.