Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost my iPhone, Can I log in with my appleID into a new one without loosing track on lost one?

Hi guys,

I've lost my iPhone and I've already activated the lost mode and add the message and contact info.

it passed already 1 week and nothing so far.

I've bought already a new one, and I'm about to start with it. however when I was asked to log in with my iCloud account, I start thinking.

what will happen with my lost iPhone? Will I be able to keep tracking it or not? because if I log into the new iphone I guess I'll see only the new iphone.

does anybody know if I can securely log in in my new iPhone with my appleID without loosing the track on my lost iPhone?

thanks for sharing

kind regards

Miguel Figueiredo

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 6:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 6:50 PM

You can log into your new iPhone, You can always go back to www.iCloud.com to check to see if anything has happened to your old phone and you will get an email alert saying something has happened with your old phone, if someone unlocks it or turns off the sound or anything along the lines of that, sent to your primary iCloud email. I would suggest putting it in 'lost mode' also, rendering it useless to any thief unless they have your appleID info.

Hope it turns up for you, theres nothing worse then loosing your phone 😝

Hope this was helpful 🙂

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2015 6:50 PM in response to Migas_Figas

You can log into your new iPhone, You can always go back to www.iCloud.com to check to see if anything has happened to your old phone and you will get an email alert saying something has happened with your old phone, if someone unlocks it or turns off the sound or anything along the lines of that, sent to your primary iCloud email. I would suggest putting it in 'lost mode' also, rendering it useless to any thief unless they have your appleID info.

Hope it turns up for you, theres nothing worse then loosing your phone 😝

Hope this was helpful 🙂

Apr 27, 2015 6:55 PM in response to Andrew_R4

Hi Andrew,

thanks for the tip. the lost iphone mode is active. so far the iphone is still offline 😟

yes, you are right, I bought iphone 6 64gb in december and I've already lost it... and I was starting my vacations...

but I still enjoyed and now I'm getting back i bought a new one and I'm making all back up and put all working back again.

thanks for the tip

cheers

MF

Lost my iPhone, Can I log in with my appleID into a new one without loosing track on lost one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.