Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My "software updates" are up to date. However, every website I go to says I need to upgrade Safari. Please help. Thank you.

My "software updates" are up to date. However, every website I go to, there's a notice that says I need to update my browser. I follow the options to download Safari on Apple, and it leads me to a page about software updates. (ie; click on the apple, then "software update..") It's frustrating because on some sites it barely loads anything anymore. Please help. Thank you.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 6:45 PM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2015 6:49 PM in response to Daniel.86

You need to upgrade the OS or switch to a product such as Firefox.

To upgrade from 10.4 or 10.5, buy a retail Mac OS X 10.6 DVD from the online Apple Store.

To upgrade from 10.6, your computer needs to have at least a Core 2 Duo(not Core Duo) CPU and at least 2GB of RAM. Download Yosemite from the Mac App Store, or buy a download code for Lion from the online Apple Store.

(126801)

My "software updates" are up to date. However, every website I go to says I need to upgrade Safari. Please help. Thank you.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.