Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

phone opens wrong apps - 8.3? or Watch?

iPhone 5s. (ME342LL/A)

• Updated to iOS 8.3 (12F70) on Thurs 4/23
  • paired to Watch Sport on Fri 4/24 (hooray)

I've now had 4-5 incidents where I go to do something on the phone, and I try to press an app to launch, but instead, a different app opens up. Might be a misalignment between recognizing my finger on the screen versus the apps on my screen. A couple of times, it thought I was launching a podcast and starts playing audio - so taking steps more than just implied by pressing finger on screen just once. Not sure if this is 8.3 related, or new issue with paired Watch.

For example, tried to launch camera app to show off the remote control from the watch. Kept pressing on Camera app icon, and Settings would open up instead. So I closed screen (off button), then turned on screen again, and accessed Camera successfully from the home screen (pre-Touch ID or Passcode).

Anybody else having similar experience?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3, paired with Watch sport

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 4:54 PM

2 replies

phone opens wrong apps - 8.3? or Watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.