Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand new Macbook Pro (early 2015) with upgraded ram lagging in the simplest tasks

I received a brand new 13 inch macbook pro (early 2015) with upgraded ram (16 gb) about two weeks ago. I was expecting it to do tasks faster than its predecessors (the macbook pro which came directly before it, which my father owns, and the early 2009 which is now a family computer), but became dissapointed when it began crashing basically as soon as i started using final cut pro, and ever since it has been lagging everywhere else! I have check my activity monitor regulary due to this issue and have noticed "kernel_task" taking a large percentage of CPU (when im not using the computer all that much around 10%) and it uses 1.5gb of ram upwards constantly without fail! I am aware that this is the operating system so i dont really want to fiddle around with it but it does sound a little bit high to me. Originally it was slightly tougher work on final cut that would crash it, hence why i haven't seriously questioned it until now, but currently i cannot even move my curser around without getting the spinning beach ball of death! Please help me!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Extra ram

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 8:55 PM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2015 10:29 PM in response to duckalina

The warranty entitles you to complimentary phone support for the first 90 days of ownership.

If you bought the product in the U.S. directly from Apple (not from a reseller), you have 14 days from the date of delivery in which to exchange or return it for a refund. In other countries, the return policy may be different. If you bought from a reseller, its return policy applies.

Brand new Macbook Pro (early 2015) with upgraded ram lagging in the simplest tasks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.