Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch screen issues with IOS 8.3

My 5th Gen iPod is not even a year old, the touch screen and my battery life were perfectly fine before I updated to iOS 8.3 about three days ago. When I updated to 8.3, my iPod showed that the update had been successful whereas my computer iTunes launcher said that it update had not completed properly.

Since then my touch screen has been freezing, lagging, and becoming completely unresponsive. For instance, when trying to type the keyboard will completely freeze then begin sending messages or attachments without my confirmation. I have had to restart my iPod multiple times to get it respond properly again.

The battery life has also been significantly reduced. I used to be able to watch Netflix, play music, and constantly use apps without battery life going down even 50% for about 6-7 hours. Since updating, my iPod's battery life will only last about 2 hours of constant app usage, watching Netflix, and playing music before hitting 20% battery power. This is completely frustrating and inconvenient.

If anyone else had issues with the iOS, were you able to downgrade to the previous iOs? I am at the end of my rope with dealing with this glitchy iOs.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.3, iOS problems and glitches

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 6:20 PM

1 reply

Apr 28, 2015 1:41 AM in response to Lady_Vakarian

Sometimes stuff gets corrupted vai an update

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Touch screen issues with IOS 8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.