Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Storage Problem

I have an iPhone 4s 8gb. Storage available 399mb Capacity 5.4gb Version 8.3 (12f70) I haven 0 songs, 1 video, 71 photos, and 10 applications. My brothers iPhone is a 4 8gb and he has over 350 songs, 50 videos, and over 120 songs but still has over 1gb of storage available. I can't take anymore videos or pictures because of this and probably can't add any songs at all. This all started about 9 months ago. I have had the phone a little over a year now. I can't afford to pay for a replacement through apple support. If someone could please help me, I would be so grateful!!

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 7:28 PM

3 replies

Apr 27, 2015 7:46 PM in response to BakerSL15

Often times an iPhone can be filled with data from the category 'other'. First step is to make a backup of your iPhone, Next go to settings > general > reset > Erase All Content and Settings.

This will restore your iPhone to factory, But AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A BACK UP, you should be fine, just go through the setup and that 'other' section should be minimized and you should have more space.

Hope I helped 🙂

Apr 29, 2015 3:32 PM in response to BakerSL15

If you plug the phone into iTunes and look at the capacity bar at the bottom to you see a CRAP TON of "other" data?

It wouldn't show in settings on the device itself, but that could point to corrupt files meaning a restore to factory is needed.

I would suggest backing up to iCloud and restoring through attains if that is indeed the case.

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

iPhone Storage Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.