Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes interrupts a video

Itunes interrupt a video because a device connects!!!! SOOOO! Annoying!! I am doing a workout video, and all of a sudden, its interrupted, because my iphone decided to connect!!! APPLE FIX THIS CRAP!!!

APPLE, Macbook pro

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 6:51 PM

5 replies

Apr 27, 2015 6:57 PM in response to ilyabourim

If its your phone thats the problem, I simply would unplug it during iTunes video watching times, if its something like a bluetooth device spamming your screen with conceded disconnected messages, you can turn off the device that is causing the issue. If there is something else causing it please clarify, thanks!

Hope you found this helpful 🙂

Apr 28, 2015 12:32 AM in response to Drew Reece

I'm sorry. Im just wired up. It seems like it happens every time with itunes while watching videos. I just have iphone, 2 ipads, sometimes one of them starts connecting to itunes to do some kind of sync, and interrupts the video i am watching. it just feels like bad design. Why would anyone care about some syncing going on, while you are in a moment watching something important. it just closes the video and shows the iphone/ipad tab and how it is syncing. why? who cares? the video goes away, i just hear the sound.

so are you saying i should disable wi-fi syncing because there is no workaround? on all of my devices? or should i just stop using itunes for watching/playing things?

after all these constant updates, nobody ever noticed how annoying this could be? ms windows used to do this all the time with the stupid update window pop-up. like if you are a regular user you should drop everything and watch the update/sync bar!!! you know what i mean?

i know this not anyone's fault in this forum, i'm just ****** at itunes. wanted to rant somewhere. so sorry about that.

Apr 28, 2015 7:17 AM in response to ilyabourim

I'm suggesting that disabling wifi sync will stop those devices from syncing automatically which could be the problem here, it's not clear if you are using wifi sync on any of the devices or if you have identified which device is syncing & causing the issue. I can see it is annoying, but finding a workaround seems like the best option if you must have these devices connected to the Mac (either via wifi or via the USB cable).

iTunes also has an option to disable automatic sync - see 'iTunes > Preferences > Devices tab' for the checkbox. That should help with the USB connected devices. You need to click the sync button manually after enabling that.

It is unclear to me what conditions can trigger a wifi sync - Apple originally said it would happen when the device was on charge on the same wifi network (my assumption was at night when charging the device - but that isn't always the case).

When you play content that is on the iOS & Mac the play state may be updated across the devices - that could trigger a sync.

I don't have the latest iTunes & iOS so you may need to post back if it is different, but I think you can tweak setting to make it better.

P.S. If notifications bother you disable them all or enable 'do no disturb'. Auto updates can be disabled too, but only if you put work in to disable them - it's better for Apple & your general security if updates are applied promptly, but it is not forced on you (yet).

Itunes interrupts a video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.