Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging my Ipad with a non apple charger

Ipad 2 which is not even 6 months old is losing battery charge quickly.
The charger was bought at a local grocery store.

It does charge to 100% but I find that it loses charge a lot quicker.

I have looked at the different possibilities of what could cause this

Even though I haven't changed any settings I have double checked and made changes to data roaming, apps etc

????

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 8:16 PM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2015 8:33 PM in response to Raficki

Use the Settings app to determine what apps or processes are using the most battery.

Settings > General > Usage > Battery Usage

Wait a bit until the apps populate and display the amount of battery they are consuming. Look for anything suspicious.

Sometimes an app is updated and the update adds new features that use more battery or change settings. Once you know which apps are causing your battery drain you can take steps to correct the situation.

As far as non-Apple charger: I use a charger in a wall outlet that is definitely not made by Apple. It provides the correct amount of power for iPhones but not for an iPad Air. The iPad often displays a Not Charging message but the iPad is in fact charging albeit quite slowly. I always use Apple brand cables.

Charging my Ipad with a non apple charger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.