Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

id icloud can not be create because maximum number of free accounts have been activated on this phone?

hi..

id icloud can not be create because maximum number of free accounts have been activated on this phone?

how can i make?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 8:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 8:28 PM

On a different device

13 replies

Apr 27, 2015 11:45 PM in response to petermac87

petermac87 wrote:

You have hit Activation Lock, an anti-theft measure.

Actually I don't think from what the OP says this is the case. Activation Lock produces the message that an ID - given incomplete - is required to Activate the phone. The 'maximum number of free accounts' means that the phone has already created three iCloud accounts.

@mr rosli: you cannot create an iCloud account using this phone. You can sign into an existing iCloud account if you already have one (there is in that case no need to create a new account as you would want to use the existing one to sync your data); or if you don't already have one you can create one on a Mac or another iOS device (not a Windows PC) then sign into it on your phone.

Aug 28, 2015 7:26 PM in response to Csound1

Thank you! Roger Wilmut1 and you are right! The phone can be signed in with more than 3 accounts but can create only 3. I need to create the icloud account in another idevice and not the pc. I've just done that on another iphone which I know has only one account on it. Now I can sign in with the new account on the first phone. The error message should have included this info -- create/activate a new icloud account on another idevice. Thanks again!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.