Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add effects to different tracks separately in Garageband 10.0.3 ?

Hello I just got my new macbook with Garageband 10.0.3, and I have some difficulties with adding effects to different tracks.

For instance, when I add reverb or change the pitch of one track, it affects all the other tracks as well.

How can I edit the tracks separately ?

Thank you

GarageBand 10, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 7:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 8:48 PM

Adding Effects to individual Tracks means adding Plugins in the Smart Controls Window (see screenshot). This affects only that individual Track an NOT any other Track.

When you edit the Master Effects, then that has an effect on all Tracks that send their single to that Master Track

User uploaded file

In my Manual "GarageBand X - How it Works", I explain all the details in functionality withe easy to understand graphics and diagrams.

I don't know what you mean with "change the pitch on a Track. Do you use a Plugin? IN that case it also should only affect that specific Track.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2015 8:48 PM in response to PaulMTN

Adding Effects to individual Tracks means adding Plugins in the Smart Controls Window (see screenshot). This affects only that individual Track an NOT any other Track.

When you edit the Master Effects, then that has an effect on all Tracks that send their single to that Master Track

User uploaded file

In my Manual "GarageBand X - How it Works", I explain all the details in functionality withe easy to understand graphics and diagrams.

I don't know what you mean with "change the pitch on a Track. Do you use a Plugin? IN that case it also should only affect that specific Track.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

How to add effects to different tracks separately in Garageband 10.0.3 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.