Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage stopped working, says none of my contacts are registered?

My daughter's iMessage just stopped working within the last few days. She has been using it, but now when she tries to contact a friend in her contacts who we know is on iMessage, it shows a red exclamation points after the name and says they are not registered with iMessage. Cannot receive iMessages either. 4th gen ipod 8gb running 6.1.6 (10B500). I've tried turning iMessage on/off, hard reset, and just tried a factory reset, but still all contacts get the red exclamation point. any ideas?

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 7:33 PM

4 replies

Apr 28, 2015 4:42 AM in response to lllaass

Tried all of the things mentioned, but still won't work. I've tried logging in/out of iMessage and Facetime, resetting the network, changing DNS to 8.8.8.8, forgetting the network setting and resetting... even did a factory reset. Facetime will work, but if I click on the 'message' button in Facetime or go directly through iMessage, I get the red exclamation point no matter who I try to iMessage??? The 'send' button is grayed out too. This is an iPod, so it is using Wifi which I know is connected to the internet and functional and because she can surf the web. It also is current on updates.

Apr 28, 2015 5:27 AM in response to dehydrated water

Ive been having the same problems since I got IOS 8.2. I cant open the imessage app, and when it does, all my old threads are there and only the last sent/ received message is shown. I also cant send or recieve messages. I have tried toggling imeassage off and on, reseting network settings, and restoring my ipod. Nothing has worked and now i cant even sign into my account.

iMessage stopped working, says none of my contacts are registered?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.