Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I typed a 2 page document, saved it, closed it. I reopened later, highlighted the entire document, hit command (something) and the entire text disappeared. I dont know how to recover it, I tried closing and reopening and it still blank, help?

I typed a 2 page document, saved it, closed it. I reopened later, highlighted the entire document, hit command (something) and the entire text disappeared. I dont know how to recover it, I tried closing and reopening and it still blank, help?

MacBook Air, iOS 8

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 10:38 PM

1 reply

Apr 28, 2015 5:59 AM in response to casey.stoess

Selections of content can be removed by pressing any key. Remember that.

Open the document again. On the File menu, select Revert To > Browse All Versions…, and then step back in time to past document revisions. Select the document icon in this mode, and press the space bar to use Quick Look on these past document versions until you find what you need. Then select restore.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.