Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I submit a podcast using my personal Apple ID...

If I submit a podcast using my personal Apple ID, will my name or email address be shown? The podcast is for work, so I don’t want my name associated with it.

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 10:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 4:53 PM

It won't show. In the feed there can be an 'itunes:email' tag in which you can put any address you choose - this won't appear on the Store page but Apple can use it in the unlikely event they need to - otherwise they will use the address associated with your ID. You may want to make sure this tag is either empty or contains the work email as anyone who want to can read the feed coding easily, but no address will appear on the Store page.

There is a 'link' tag in the feed in which you can place the work website address should you wish to - this will appear in the Store page.

Your work may consider that it's more sensible for them to create an Apple ID and for you to use that - after all if you changed your job the podcast would still be registered to your ID. However once a podcast is up and running the ID doesn't come into it - access to the feed is all that is necessary to update it; it's only if Apple needed to contact the podcast owner in case of a problem (such as if it was removed for any reason) that the message might come to you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2015 4:53 PM in response to Communications Manager

It won't show. In the feed there can be an 'itunes:email' tag in which you can put any address you choose - this won't appear on the Store page but Apple can use it in the unlikely event they need to - otherwise they will use the address associated with your ID. You may want to make sure this tag is either empty or contains the work email as anyone who want to can read the feed coding easily, but no address will appear on the Store page.

There is a 'link' tag in the feed in which you can place the work website address should you wish to - this will appear in the Store page.

Your work may consider that it's more sensible for them to create an Apple ID and for you to use that - after all if you changed your job the podcast would still be registered to your ID. However once a podcast is up and running the ID doesn't come into it - access to the feed is all that is necessary to update it; it's only if Apple needed to contact the podcast owner in case of a problem (such as if it was removed for any reason) that the message might come to you.

If I submit a podcast using my personal Apple ID...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.