Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

audio stops working when connected to certain wifi

I don't have any problems with audio when i am anywhere other than at my University. The audio simply does not work. I have tried with headphones and without yet still no audio. If i turn the wifi off when i'm at uni it suddenly works again but this obviously isn't convenient.

Any idea why this happens? and how i can fix it?

thanks

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 8:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 8:19 PM

so i solved my own problem haha here's what i did incase anyone has the same issue

go to system preferences > sound > output > click on headphones then turn the volume up from mute

for some reason every time i reconnect to the uni wifi it goes back to mute. not the regular volume only the one through that pathway.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2015 8:19 PM in response to jordaannn

so i solved my own problem haha here's what i did incase anyone has the same issue

go to system preferences > sound > output > click on headphones then turn the volume up from mute

for some reason every time i reconnect to the uni wifi it goes back to mute. not the regular volume only the one through that pathway.

audio stops working when connected to certain wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.