Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am attempting to update from iMovie 9 to iMovie 10. I have many movies with iMovie 9. Yet, on iMovie 10, when I press "update projects and events", it states "iMovie could not find any projects or events to update". What do I do?

I am attempting to update from iMovie 9 to iMovie 10. I have many movies with iMovie 9. Yet, on iMovie 10, when I press "update projects and events", it states "iMovie could not find any projects or events to update". Somehow it doesnt' see all the movies I have on iMovie 9 library. What do I do?

iMac (USB 2.0), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 9:50 PM

5 replies

Nov 15, 2015 2:32 PM in response to GeeD

Thank you for your reply GeeD. It did not resolve my issue. iMovie 9.09 created the following file structure: [Name] - Movies - iMovie Events - [File group] - [actual file clip]. I moved "File group" into "iMovie". No luck. Then tried moving the "actual file clip" to "iMovie". In both cases I got the same error message: "iMovie could not find any projects or events to update".

The "actual file clip" is a ".dv" file, created by iMovie 9.09 by importing video from a DV camera. Even when I point directly to this file under "Import Media" in iMovie 10, it does not recognize this file. Could this file type be the problem?

Nov 15, 2015 4:09 PM in response to olzsal

OK, your folders are in the right location.

iMovie 10.1 is supposed to be able to import DV media (See: http://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.1/#/mov6af9c94c1)

and I have not heard of any iMovie 9 events which cannot be read by iMovie 10 when updating.

"I moved "File group" into "iMovie". No luck. Then tried moving the "actual file clip" to "iMovie". - I'm not clear exactly what you did here. Can you describe?

(I hope you have a backup of your events and projects folders so you can restore them to their original state of necessary).

I am attempting to update from iMovie 9 to iMovie 10. I have many movies with iMovie 9. Yet, on iMovie 10, when I press "update projects and events", it states "iMovie could not find any projects or events to update". What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.