Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I restore data for certain apps only?

I have created a backup and then reset my iPad to factory settings due to some issue I was having with downloading apps. The issue is fixed now but I need my data, except I don't need ALL of it. I'm actually glad I could empty my iPad this much, so I only want to keep the data I want. Doing a full restore not only defeats that purpose, but it also restores the original issue that I erased my data for, I don't know why. So, hat I'm asking is... Can I restore data only for certain apps of my selection?

iPad 4-OTHER, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 11:36 PM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2015 11:58 PM in response to XstR

No, you can only restore to the complete backup, you can't just restore individual apps. If it's an iTunes backup then you could temporarily delete the apps that you don't want restoring from the Apps part of the iTunes library by selecting/highlighting them and pressing the delete key on your keyboard and then do the restore - a backup doesn't contain the actual apps (nor any of your downloads or the contents of the Music and Videos apps), just their content/settings, so if the apps that you don't want restoring aren't in your library then the restore won't be able to put them back.

Can I restore data for certain apps only?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.