Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can someone hack my macbook by telling me to enter a specific password to a website?

i was trying to call apple support so i googled apple support a phone number popped up and i dialed that number a person answered i told him about my problem which was trying to download the windows to my mac he said yes i can help you with that. so he told me to go to a website and i opened the page it asked me to enter a password that he gave me. and after i entered the password another page popped up and he started chatting with me. and then i knew that he might have hacked my mac so i hanged up the phone and i closed the windows immediately so I'm worried right now that he might have hacked all my information i don't have any saved passwords though. any help please?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), macbook pro

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 10:34 PM

16 replies

Apr 28, 2015 9:54 AM in response to QuickPost

NO that wasnt the number it was a weird person i noticed bu the way he spoke . Any way is there any way he could have havked my mac? Do i have to notice some weird actions so that i know its hacked?

Apr 28, 2015 10:20 AM in response to QuickPost

I Googeled apple support and the first number on top of the page that i got i called it its on my sister's phone number what can i do

Apr 28, 2015 11:42 AM in response to Community User

Mariane doumbalian wrote:

WHat should i do??

The number you called belongs to a criminal enterprise, you must consider your Mac compromised.

Change all passwords, get your credit cards stopped and have new ones issued. Erase your Mac and reinstall the operating system then restore your Data (Only data) from your backup. If you do not have a backup make one now.

Never let any strangers into your Mac again

can someone hack my macbook by telling me to enter a specific password to a website?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.