Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No photos in media browser in Pages

Since I updated my iPhoto software to 1.0 on my Mac Book Air (OX S Yosemite), my photos are no longer in my media browser in Pages. How do I transfer my iPhoto Library to the media browser so I can drag them into documents?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 10:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 6:40 AM

The media browser in Pages '09 is now inoperable after the 10.10.3 update with Photos. There is an iLifeMediaBrowser plugin that Pages 09 used, that was stepped on by the Photos update, and now Pages '09 fails to find a compatible version of the preceding plugin, and fails to show any media content.

Although the Photos application automatically transferred your iPhoto/Aperture libaries, it does not mean that these applications were removed, or cannot be run alongside Pages '09. I just launched iPhoto, and dragged/dropped a photo onto Pages '09 without issue. Copy/paste is supported too. Pages '09 also supports drag/drop of images from the Finder, or from its Insert > Choose… menu item.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2015 6:40 AM in response to djweihert

The media browser in Pages '09 is now inoperable after the 10.10.3 update with Photos. There is an iLifeMediaBrowser plugin that Pages 09 used, that was stepped on by the Photos update, and now Pages '09 fails to find a compatible version of the preceding plugin, and fails to show any media content.

Although the Photos application automatically transferred your iPhoto/Aperture libaries, it does not mean that these applications were removed, or cannot be run alongside Pages '09. I just launched iPhoto, and dragged/dropped a photo onto Pages '09 without issue. Copy/paste is supported too. Pages '09 also supports drag/drop of images from the Finder, or from its Insert > Choose… menu item.

Apr 28, 2015 7:56 PM in response to djweihert

Drag and drop works just fine from iPhoto into Pages '09, and Pages v5.5.3. On my Air without an external monitor, I find that I have to drag iPhoto partially off screen to the left, to make room for a decent drop target on Pages. With placeholder images in a template, I drag the image from iPhoto over Pages and hold — until Pages raises itself above iPhoto, and then I can steer the drag over a placeholder and release.

I didn't mention Pages v5.5.3 because its Media tool now uses the new Photos library content, which is a replication of the prior iPhoto library.

No photos in media browser in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.