Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to activate Iphone 5 shipped from Canada to Philippines

Hello,

How do I activate or open line my Iphone 5? I don't even know the apple I.D of the previous user of my Iphone 5. It came from Canada, it was a second hand Iphone. My auntie bought it from her friend I think and she didn't even ask for the apple I.D of her friend. So how do I activate this Iphone5?

I appreciate somebody who could help.

Thanks.

iPhone 5

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 11:19 PM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2015 11:30 PM in response to Revine Carla

If it has been activated already and not released by the previous owner, it will be very difficult to make it yours. Especially if it has iOS 7 or newer. See if you can get it to erase itself on Settings / General / Reset / Erase All Contents and Settings. If it works, you're in luck and can then set it up as new. Else you will be stuck with a brick. Maybe the previous owner, if reachable, can carry out as much as she can of this: What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How to activate Iphone 5 shipped from Canada to Philippines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.