Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i attach a file in mail other person receives it as a zip file which cannot be opened. what should i do its soo irritating.

when i attach a file in mail other person receives it as a zip file. so they are not able to open it. what should i do?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 3:35 AM

1 reply

Apr 28, 2015 3:47 AM in response to gauravfromfaridabad

In order to open the content of the zip file you should download it first. Once zip file will be downloaded just double click on it and it will unzip/extract the content/original file. As an option you may attach the file with the original extension. Double click on zip file always works for me. It also takes lees time to download the attached file with zip extension(especially when it is large file that consumes to much space).

when i attach a file in mail other person receives it as a zip file which cannot be opened. what should i do its soo irritating.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.