Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I synch files from iMac to MacBookPro?

I have an iMac and a MacbookPro - both only a year old using the latest Yosemite O/s update. I used DropBox and had been saving all files that would normally be found under Documents, to DropBox. However, it is a bit pricey for me and I was advised by so many people not to save that way (even though I have a time capsule).

I got scared a few weeks ago when I completely lost my writing folder - all my work in other words - so I transferred everything back onto the iMac. However, that defeats the purpose of my having a laptop to take with me when I want to write elsewhere, in a library, on the road and even in my outside studio if I want to, without having to save to USB and then copy across afterwards.

Is there a safe and reliable way anybody could recommend to synch. I don't think I can use iCloud Drive precisely because I use non-Apple applications (Word, Scrivener, Aeon Timeline and more).

Any suggestions, advice or help would be most welcome.

Thanks in anticipation

iMac, Other OS, Yosemite 10.10.3

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 11:32 PM

There are no replies.

how can I synch files from iMac to MacBookPro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.