Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Greyed out songs when I plug my phone in (not sync)

Ok, so I've had this problem with each of my iPhones; 4, 5s, 6plus, where greyed out songs will get added to the phone after I plug it into my MacBook Pro.

It can't be the syncing, because I don't allow anything to sync with my phone except my contacts. I add/remove all of my music manually. So why are greyed out songs adding themselves to my iPhone every time I plug it into the computer? They are always duplicate songs of music that is already on the phone. I can delete them, but they just show up again when I plug the phone in, and the amount of greyed out songs that shows up is completely random.

I've tried having my phone sync with a playlist, but that takes forever, and didn't solve the problem so I went back to manual. Please help me fix this.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 2:08 AM

There are no replies.

Greyed out songs when I plug my phone in (not sync)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.