Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i want to connect the apple tv to my marantz av reciver thru optical, without using the TV. can somebody help?

I am trying to connect my Spotify from my iPhone to av receiver, thru the apple tv without the help of aTV. Not sure if this setup will work. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks.

AppleTV 2

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 11:52 PM

1 reply

Apr 28, 2015 8:35 AM in response to rashoy

Welcome to the Apple Community

Users have experienced differing results when trying to use the Apple TV for audio only. Some have found it works well, others have found that they need to have the TV on to get audio and others have found they need the TV on to start off with, but can turn it off when the audio starts playing.

I suspect these variations result from the type of connection that the TV offers and therefore may vary according to the make/model of TV.

i want to connect the apple tv to my marantz av reciver thru optical, without using the TV. can somebody help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.