Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Jam Pack World Music & Jam Pack Voices category disappeared from the instrument library tab

I Have Logic 9 & Logic X installed in my iMac. Suddenly in my Logic 9, Jam Pack World Music & Jam Pack Voices category disappeared from the instrument library tab. While they are there in Logic X. How to get them back in Logic 9 as well. Anybody pl. help.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 3:27 AM

3 replies

Jul 11, 2015 2:59 AM in response to Studio Dhwani Digital

Hi. I found that Yosemite seems to have an issue with permissions when rebuilding the Apple Loops Index for Logic Pro 9. I also tried to rebuild the index by dragging the apple loops onto the loops browser only to have it prompt me for an Administrator password but not doing anything. Here's how I fixed it:

Delete the existing index files:

1) Quit Logic Pro 9

2) Delete the *.txt files in the /Library/Audio/Apple Loops Index/ folder

Add yourself with read & write privileges for the loops and index folders

3) Right (Control) click the /Library/Audio/Apple Loops/ folder and choose Get Info

4) Expand the Sharing & Permissions in the Get Info window

5) Click the Padlock icon so you can make changes. You will likely be prompted for your password

6) Click the + button and choose your user account (name) and click the Select button

7) Make sure you privilege is Read & Write

8) To apply the permissions to the sub-folders and files, select your username from the list, click the gear icon and click "Apply to enclosed items..." Review the warning.

9) Repeat steps 3-8 but this time for the /Library/Audio/Apple Loops Index/ folder

Reindex as normal

10) Launch Logic Pro 9

11) Open the loops browser

12) Drag the /Library/Audio/Apple Loops/ folder into the browser

13) Enter the password for your login as prompted. This time you should notice it will take a lot longer. Once completed, your loops should work fine. This worked for me. Hope it helps.

Jam Pack World Music & Jam Pack Voices category disappeared from the instrument library tab

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.