Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Memory Aval in iTunes differs than whats shown in iphone

Good Morning,

I am wondering is anyone having the same issue with the iphone6 as i am. I recently noticed that my memory was heavy in use so i connected my iphone and took some music off of my phone. In Itunes it says that i have 2.06 gb aval to use , an good amount to make sure apps are not crashing due to low memory. When i open up usage tho i see a completely total different number 463 mb. Thats a major difference in memory can anyone tell me why this is happening and what i can do to fix this issue.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, memory issues

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 3:53 AM

3 replies

May 12, 2015 5:03 AM in response to notchabove

Okay, so I have a few questions then..

The usage that iTunes shows are you looking at the overall, or at a certain area that is showing the difference in usage?

Im thinking may be the overall, however before I misunderstand again making sure.

So iTunes shows 'estimated as to not give to much information if you are concerned' usage, for available?

On the device 'estimated again if you like', what does this show for usage available?

And did this change after the sync was done? Or was it showing before as well?

Oh and if you disconnect the iPhone from the computer/itunes and then reconnect it is the information the same or different?

Memory Aval in iTunes differs than whats shown in iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.