Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i transfer ALL my playlists to one usb stick

I would like to transfer ALL my playlists to a large usb-stick (256 GB). So that ui can use the usb stick in the car like my old ipod classic that has not enough space anymore.Copying one playlist is easy but many different ones!

Pls help, tks in advance

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 5:17 AM

3 replies

Apr 28, 2015 6:04 AM in response to JAlain

Are you trying to copy all files? You can select them all in the general Music item and drag that to a stick. All the files will be placed at the same level. Alternatively in Finder you could drag your whole iTunes > Media > Music folder to the stick. Some of this is going to depend upon your car's player. Some will scan down multiple folder levels. Some will only do one and you will end up with one giant playlist of all your music. You will have to find out yourself what your car does.

I don't know about iTunes 12 but I know my older iTunes does not permit you to select multiple playlists at one time.

Apr 29, 2015 2:13 AM in response to Limnos

i don't have enough space for all files (320 Giga)on the usb-stick, therefore i would like to transfer playlists only. If i copy and paste like i do for cd's, thats only for one playlist . But i would like to have all playlists and them being filed as done i a ipod, so that the car system can use them.

Apr 29, 2015 7:15 AM in response to JAlain

See if there is a script or an app on the Dougscripts web site to facilitate this. I suspect it will still be one playlist at a time. You could look into creating a smart playlist which is a compilation of all your playlists. I run an older iTunes with limited smartlist capability so I can't provide meaningful help.

How can i transfer ALL my playlists to one usb stick

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.