Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lightning to VGA adapter doesn't work with Ipad Air

I have a Lightning to VGA adapter that I want to use with my Ipad Air and pc screen. When I connect it with my Ipad and the screen, on my ipad the blue bar appears but I don't get anything on my pc screen. I dit the same with my iphone 6 and that works perfect. Any idea what the problem could be?

Both devices has IOS 8.3.

Thanks in advance.

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 1:54 AM

4 replies

Apr 28, 2015 1:50 PM in response to blueskoi

I have a similar problem to blueskoi. I have a lightning to HDMI Connector which no longer works on my iPad Air, however it still works fine on my wife's iPad 4.

The only difference I can find is that her iPad hasn't been updated to IOS 8.3, whereas my iPad Air has.

Is anybody else experiencing the same problem, or am I missing something?

I have done a full settings reset on my Air but that didn't resolve it. I get the blue bar at the top of the screen and my TV Screen flashes, but then no signal appears,

Any help would be most gratefully received.

Regards

Paul

Jan 31, 2016 4:35 PM in response to blueskoi

I have an iPad mini. I used to be able to use the lightning-to-VGA adapter to mirror its display on to a computer monitor. I no longer can do that either. I suspect it's the same problem others have reported with iOS 8.2 disabling this ability, which is really annoying. I'm not even trying to watch Netflix or anything. I just want to show my display on a larger screen.

Lightning to VGA adapter doesn't work with Ipad Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.