Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri, where is the nearest iPad graveyard?

I am experiencing an overwhelming amount of devastation and this is my last attempt at resolving my cumbersome issue. My iPad is beyond unresponsive. I have the first iPad mini and I treat this iPad as if it were a child. I've only dropped the iPad once (children are dropped far more, trust me), leaving a tiny hairline fracture of the screen. This was over a year ago. Unfortunately sometime last week I noticed the faint flickering of a 1 inch by .5 inch green rectangle at the bottom of my screen, near the home button. I thought to myself this cannot be good I need to do something! I sprang into action and decided to restart my baby iPad. She turned off with ease, however it appears this was her last trick. As I attempted frantically to turn it back on, nothing. In a desperate plea I leaped for my charger and tried plugging it in, nothing. I then did a hard reset (holding the sleep, then the sleep and the home, then just the home), nothing. I tried plugging it into my computer as well as a friends PC, nothing. It won't even appear as a "removable device", it's undetected. After realizing this could be the end, and shedding a few tears I got down to business. I researched things like this happening to others. Everything that has been recommended, leaving it plugged in for an hour, holding the home button as I plug it into the computer, everything. Nothing will work. I've done it all. All of the tech blogs recommendations, all of the apple support discussions resolutions, I've probed every internet nook and cranny to try and resolve my devastating dilemma. So now I find myself here, pleading to you Apple Community, someone, anyone, PLEASE! SAVE MY IPAD.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1, I think that's the correct software

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 5:21 AM

2 replies

Apr 28, 2015 6:00 AM in response to beastbabe007

From the way that you describe the situation, it is no longer salvageable. Sometimes it only takes that one drop. If you drop a child on his or her head, it could result in death. If you refuse to give in, make an appointment at an Apple Store and see what they can do.

Otherwise, you might want to look here. You can make the adjustment based on the exact iPad Mini model that you own.

https://www.gazelle.com/ipad/ipad-mini/ipad-mini/wifi/ipad-mini-16gb-wifi--/4952 43-gpid

Siri, where is the nearest iPad graveyard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.