Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad won't let me set up my new Apple ID .it tells me that I already had 3 Apple ID on the iPad. How can I fix this issue.

MY mom has an iPad 2nd generation. She keeps forgetting her pass words so she ends up just getting and setting up a new Apple id. So now she is trying to set up her Apple ID and it wont let her. How can this issue get figured out .

NEED HELP. .......

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 2:53 AM

1 reply

Apr 28, 2015 6:16 AM in response to Kcruz7031

You are talking about the 3 iCloud account limit that is enforced on every iOS device. There is nothing that you can do to fix this. Apple limits each device to 3 free iCloud accounts and obviously your mother is trying to exceed that now. I realize that she is not doing this intentionally, but you cannot do anything to workaround it either on the iPad itself.

However, you might be able to set up another ID on another device. Look at the second post from D.T. here.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1242428

My iPad won't let me set up my new Apple ID .it tells me that I already had 3 Apple ID on the iPad. How can I fix this issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.