Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad stuck in a reboot loop with flat battery

Our iPad is stuck with a flat battery. When it's plugged into the wall charger, it reboots in about ten seconds, and we get a brief flash of the "slide to unlock" screen that dies so promptly that we don't even get a chance to touch the slider. After ten seconds or so, it tries again.

It gives the impression of exhausting what little battery charge it accumulates.

I've tried putting it into DFU mode with iTunes. It connected, but the battery didn't last long enough for that to help.

Is there a way to stop it from rebooting, e.g. by turning it off without it first having to start up?

Or some other way to give it enough charge so we can turn it off the usual way?

Any knowledge of how it manages to get into this state? We've never experienced this before — until yesterday, it was our one and only crash-free computer!

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 4:02 AM

1 reply

Apr 28, 2015 4:32 PM in response to wyvern-eater

An update:

I started suspecting that my MacBook Pro doesn't provide enough power through its USB ports, so took the iPad to work today to try connecting it with an iMac for an update.

It worked. The iPad's running again now, and slowly charging back up.

Same OS, same iTunes, same account. So I it looks like not all USB ports are made equal.

iPad stuck in a reboot loop with flat battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.