Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keywords by batch in Photos

Is there a way to add the same keyword to a batch of pics in Photos like there was in iPhoto?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10), iPad, iPhone 5, iPod touch, ATV 2nd

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 6:56 AM

Is there a way to add the same keyword to a batch of pics in Photos like there was in iPhoto?

You can select the photos all at once, then open the Info panel with ⌘I, then type the keyword into the field for the keywords. It will be applied to all photos. To remove it from all photos selected photos delete it in the Info panel.

Or open the Keywords Manager ⌘K and press the key for the keyword. If the keyword is in the "Quick Group" simply press the hot key assigned to the keyword to batch apply a keyword.

For example: With the Info panel:

User uploaded file

Or with the Keyword Manager :

User uploaded file

To assign the keyword "4 Star" to all selected photos I simply need to press "4"

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2015 6:56 AM in response to Sal5

You can select the photos all at once, then open the Info panel with ⌘I, then type the keyword into the field for the keywords. It will be applied to all photos. To remove it from all photos selected photos delete it in the Info panel.

Or open the Keywords Manager ⌘K and press the key for the keyword. If the keyword is in the "Quick Group" simply press the hot key assigned to the keyword to batch apply a keyword.

For example: With the Info panel:

User uploaded file

Or with the Keyword Manager :

User uploaded file

To assign the keyword "4 Star" to all selected photos I simply need to press "4"

Keywords by batch in Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.