Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive App?

How can I view and access the full contents of my iCloud Drive on my iPad or iPhone? Apple documentation refers to an iCloud Drive app, but I can't find it anywhere.

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 7:11 AM

5 replies

Apr 28, 2015 8:27 AM in response to D.Cohen

That doesn't address the issue. You can store anything in the iCloud Drive, but you can only access your Apple software files (Pages, Keynote, Numbers, etc.) from within the apps on iOS devices. If I store, say, an Adobe inDesign file in iCloud Drive and I want to email it to a colleague from my iPad, I have no app that views the full contents with folder structure. So I can't "get to" that file on my iOS device in order to email it.

I saw reference earlier on one of Apple's Support pages to an iCloud Drive app for iOS, but I think it doesn't exist. I can't find it on my iPad, iPhone or in the iTunes App store.

According to this . . . iCloud: Use iCloud Drive on your computer or iOS device . . . all you can do is "Open an app that supports iCloud Drive, such as Pages, Numbers, or Keynote, then use the app’s document browser to access compatible documents."

If it's an incompatible document, you can't locate it through those apps. And I see no other way to find it.

Apr 28, 2015 8:39 AM in response to Stephen Bromberg

Correct, there is no Apple made iCloud App.

However there are several 3rd party alternatives you can use.

I personally like Documents 5 by Readdle. It can view the entire iCloud Drive contents.

https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/documents-5-fast-pdf-reader/id364901807?mt=8

However, do note, that unsupported file types may be seen in the file manager for the app, but sometimes you can not do anything with them. This is a limitation of the iCloud Drive interface made available by Apple to the App developers. and all Apps that can access iCloud Drive will have this limitation.

I tested several Apps for this reason, and all had the same issue.

Apr 28, 2015 8:53 AM in response to Phil0124

Another thing they did to make it more difficult was to disable our ability to access iCloud.com through the Safari browser on iOS. Curiously, Apple referred to an iOS iCloud Drive App in one of its support pages that I was reviewing earlier. They really need to provide one. iCloud Drive needs to be comparable to Google Drive or Dropbox.

iCloud Drive App?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.