Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbook won't start up i have used the option command p r while holding down power button but not done.. please help guys

my macbook won't start up i have used the option command p r while holding down power button but not done.. please help guys

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 3:55 AM

14 replies

Apr 28, 2015 4:08 AM in response to shabbiro

It not polite to repost asking fro more help three minutes after initial post.

Recovery mode is Command & R keys after depressing and releasing the Power button for a normal startup.

OS X: About OS X Recovery - Apple Support

That only works for Lion and later.

What exactly happens when your try to boot to Recovery?

Try starting in Safe Mode resetting the SMC and NVRAM/PRAM

OS X: What is Safe Boot, Safe Mode?

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

About NVRAM and PRAM

What model MacBook Pro and what OSX version was on the Mac?

Have you tried booting from an OSX install DVD?

When you try to start doe the Power light light?

This is the Mac Pro desktop forum. I requested your post be moved to the MacBook Pro laptop forum.

Apr 28, 2015 4:10 AM in response to shabbiro

Yes, taking out the battery is part of resetting the SMC as described in my previous post.

shabbiro wrote:

there are no authorized apple store here in Pakistan as it is not launched in here officially.. i really m in trouble

the other solutions say to take out the back cover clean the dust off take out the battery and plug it back again. is it helpful???

Apr 28, 2015 12:53 PM in response to shabbiro

The warranty entitles you to complimentary phone support for the first 90 days of ownership.

If you bought the product in the U.S. directly from Apple (not from a reseller), you have 14 days from the date of delivery in which to exchange or return it for a refund. In other countries, the return policy may be different. If you bought from a reseller, its return policy applies.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.