Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi deconnects and reconnects constantly

Hello,

I bought my iMac last year in November but since a couple of weeks I'm experiencing issues with its wifi connection.

It constantly deconnects and reconnects from my wifi network, even though the signal is at full strength.

I'm aware of the fact that this is a major problem since yosemite came out.

I have already tried changing the ssid, deleting the system preferences, reset the router, been on the phone with Apple for 2 hours but to no avail...

Does anyone one have a solution that can fix this problem for longer than 30 minutes?

Thanks.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 6:19 AM

4 replies

Apr 28, 2015 10:06 AM in response to Rayenair

Start up in Recovery mode. In the OS X Utilities screen, select Get Help Online. A clean copy of Safari will launch. No plugins, such as Flash, will be available. While in Recovery, you'll have no access to your saved bookmarks or passwords, so make a note of those before you begin, if they're needed for the test.

Test. After testing, restart as usual and post the results.

Apr 28, 2015 12:10 PM in response to Rayenair

Rayenair wrote:

Hello,

I bought my iMac last year in November

I have already tried changing the ssid, deleting the system preferences, reset the router, been on the phone with Apple for 2 hours but to no avail...

Did you notify Apple tech support that their suggestions did not work? Did they advise you to bring the iMac in for service and/or offered in home tech support since you have a desktop and still under warranty?

User uploaded file

Wifi deconnects and reconnects constantly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.